Calling all crafty, artsy, whimsical, book-loving, decorating types
to join our Centerpiece Team!
Our dinner tables are designed and decorated by individual volunteers to fit the theme of StoryLand. It is one of the most fun and eagerly anticipated aspects of the event each year.
This year’s StoryLand theme is “Sweet Dreams”. We need 25 round dinner tables decorated with centerpieces that illustrate books that are sweet, loving, and have happy endings. In other words—bedtime stories!
BOOKS TO CHOOSE FROM:
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Herd (claimed)
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram
Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton
Llama, Llama, Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann (claimed)
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight by Jane Yolen
Good Night Good Night Construction Site by Sherri Dusker Rinker
Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
Five Little Monkeys by Eileen Christelow
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Little Red Riding Hood
Dr Seuss's Sleep Book
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Kate Toms
Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson
Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
Kiss Goodnight by Amy Hest
Bedtime for Frances by Russell Hoban
Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Jerry Pinkney
The Napping House by Audrey and Don Wood (claimed)
Please email StoryLand@FortressYDC.org to claim the book you want to use, or to suggest one that’s not on our list.
- Provide at least one copy of the book as part of your table décor. (Yours to take home.)
- We will provide a white tablecloth for each 60” round table. Feel free to add table runners or toppers if desired.
- Centerpieces should be 12-24” in height and should fill the middle of the table, but should not obstruct the views of the stage.
- You will provide 8 placemats for the table. These can be as simple as photocopied pages out of your story or book, or other elements that illustrate your theme.)
- Centerpieces must be set up on site (809 West Vickery) on Friday, April 7 between 3:00 and 4:00 and should be taken down immediately following the event (9:30).