Here at Fortress, we strongly believe in the power of prayer. We believe prayer glorifies Jesus and makes him known to our children, city and the nations. That is why we began the REVIVE ministry, an opportunity for our supporters from around the nation and world to join us in prayer daily for the children and community of Fortress.
We chose to use the story in 1 Kings 17 as our foundation for this prayer ministry because it illustrates the parallel between the lives of our children and what we want to see happen in them through you, our REVIVE partners. After the death of her son, the woman in the story accuses Elijah of her son's death by bringing her "sin to remembrance." In the passage we notice that Elijah twice "cried to the Lord." He was so broken over what had happened and moved so deeply that he cried out to the Lord. It may be hard for us to understand exactly what some of our children are facing but we all live in a broken world - a world of hurts and heartaches. At Fortress we would like to have REVIVE partners who are deeply moved by the brokenness over our world, but even more so for the specific spiritual/physical needs of the children you are praying for.
Our ultimate goal is to see God glorified. We want to use our REVIVE partners for the same purpose, to REVIVE these children to a life of fullness in Jesus and a desire for his will in their lives. Then, our children's light can extend beyond the Fortress walls to their families, their schools and their neighborhoods.
- We need partners who pray in full faith (Matthew 21:22)
- We need partners who are committed to daily intercession for our children (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- We need partners who are vigilant and thankful for the grace that has been given us through Jesus (Colossians 4:2)
- We need partners who will pray that our children's lives will be transformed so that they may be a light in darkness (1 Peter 2:9)
- We need partners who understand that God has a perfect design for each of our children (Psalm 139)