While all of our kids have parents or guardians in their life who love them, very few of our kids have immediate access to Christian adults who have pursued higher education and have achieved success through goal-setting and making positive, healthy life choices. That's why Fortress matches each of our after-school students with an adult mentor who spends an hour a week investing in them by engaging in fun, nurturing activities. Mentors show their mentees, tangibly, what it looks like to graduate high school and pursue bigger life goals.
What do mentors do?
- Build a relationship by planning and
- participating in activities with a mentee.
- Serve as a positive role model and friend.
- Demonstrate positive, appropriate
- behaviors and encourage those behaviors in a mentee.
- Provide encouragement and support to help a mentee achieve his/her goals.
- Build self-esteem and motivation.
- Are consistently available.
- Have fun together!
Fortress hires volunteer mentors year-round to invest an hour and ignite a life. Apply now or email email@example.com for more information.